By Mike Steffanos
The folks who bring you the A&E Home Video/MLB Productions DVD boxed set of the 1986 World Series have generously allowed some bloggers, including this one, to give away a set of these terrific DVDs. The first person to email me the answer to the following 3 Mets trivia questions will win the set:
- What was the name of the player who was the right-handed half of the platoon with Wally Bachman at 2B in 1985?
- Billy Beane was a first round pick of the New York Mets in what year?
- What was John Milner's nickname?
The first person to email me with the answer to all 3 questions is the lucky winner, and I'll post his/her name later on.
Update: We have a winner
Congratulations to George Collins, Dunnellon, FL, for knowing the answers were:
- Kelvin Chapman (Tuefel came on in 1986)
- 1980 (Beane had 3 hits in 18 ABs in parts of 2 seasons with the Mets)
- The Hammer (After Hank Aaron)
Thanks to everyone who participated.
Also, as part of the promotion of these great DVD sets, Mookie Wilson will be making 2 appearances today:
- 1 - 2 PM at the Borders on 100 Broadway in NYC
- 6 - 7:30 PM at the Best Buy on 1100 Old Country Road in Westbury
If you're near either one of those two places, you'll certainly want to check it out.