By Mike Steffanos
[Updated April 4, 2011:]
I am NOT automatically moderating comments that contain links anymore. Movable Type has come out with improved SPAM filtering capabilities and they have alleviated the problem.
If, however, for any reason your comment doesn't get posted, feel free to email me and I'll figure out what went wrong.
By the way, the guidelines below still apply.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The unfortunate need to delete a couple of comments today for the first time in the existence of this blog makes it necessary to lay down some sort of a policy. Here goes:
- I believe in free speech, so you're going to really have to go out of your way to force me to delete your pearls of wisdom from this site. However, do understand that I reserve the right to remove any comment at any time for any reason I see fit to do so.
- I don't require that you stay on topic. You can talk about whatever you want, as long as what you have to say has some interest for readers of this blog. What I won't tolerate is personal attacks, comments intended only to antagonize or comments that are thinly disguised ads for other web sites.
- If you're a fan of another team and don't like the Mets, go vent somewhere else. This is a web site by a Mets fan for other Mets fans. Your comments will be deleted.
- Keep your language clean. I don't swear here, and I'd appreciate if you didn't. I'd like for parents to feel comfortable having their kids read this site. I'm no angel, so if I can express myself without profanity, you can, too. Be creative.
- As author of this blog, I try to respond to each and every comment. What I won't do is allow myself to get drawn into long, protracted debates with commenters. I have only so much time to put into this blog, I won't spend large chunks of my time on pointless intellectual sparring. [Note 2/28/2010: I don't try to respond to every comment anymore unless the commenter specifically asks for my response.]
- Just be respectful. We have fun here disagreeing with each other, but we do it with respect.
- Hate speech against individuals or groups will never be tolerated, and you will be reported to your ISP.
This page will be updated as needed. By posting a comment to this site, you are agreeing to abide by these rules.
Please see also My Comment Doesn't Show Up On the Site