By Mike Steffanos
Omar Minaya did a conference call today with some of the local media that covers the Mets. Bryan Hoch has a story posted at Mets.com. Among the details:
- Minaya confirms that very little dialogue has taken place with Glavine's representatives, pending the southpaw's discussions with his family. Omar expects that Glavine's situation should be resolved by November 20, the date the club option expires.
- The team has started negotiations with representatives of Chad Bradford and Orlando Hernandez in an effort to bring back both pitchers.
- Negotiations to extend Willie Randolph's contract will begin soon. All of Willie's coaches have been offered contracts for next year.
- Omar is unwilling to tip his hand regarding how aggressively the Mets will pursue Japanese pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, not wanting other teams to know the Mets thinking.
- Duaner Sanchez will not begin throwing until next month, but should be ready for spring training.
- Mike Pelfrey has left the Arizona Fall League and will not pitch any more until camp begins next year.